10 a.m. every sunday
Each Sunday during the program year (this year, that is September 15, 2019 to May 31, 2020), Sunday School is offered for children 3 – 12 years old.
Children ages 3-6 meet in our specially-designed and furnished Godly Play room for “Sunday School” at 10 a.m. Godly Play is a unique approach to faith formation for young children.
Through stories, open-ended questions, art, and play, children learn the language of faith and develop a sense of their own spirituality. Based on Montessori principles, this wonderful program respects the spiritual gifts and presence of God in each child.
For children ages 7 to 12, there is the Explorers class which meets in the Loft for a lectionary-based Sunday School lesson.
Through Bible study and discussion, Explorers grow in their knowledge and understanding of the Episcopal Christian faith and heritage, grappling with important questions like:
- What does it really mean to follow Christ?
- What do our liturgical traditions mean? How do they relate to our faith?
- How can we love our neighbor as ourselves?
- What can we learn from the lives of Christians who have gone before us, as well as righteous people from other faith traditions?
- How can we use our unique, God-given gifts to make a difference in our community and the world?
For children under the age of 3, they, along with a parent, are invited to attend a Children’s Word in the Meditation Room during the sermon.
Right before Godly Play & Explorers, children can meet downstairs in the Big Room at 9:45 a.m. to have a light snack.
The only thing required for your child to participate in Godly Play or Explorers is for Epiphany to have this completed form on file for your child! You are welcome to print it out and bring it in filled out, or fill out a blank copy at Epiphany.